Monday, November 5, 2012

diy storage bin, part 1

I've been on a DIY kick lately and we can all thank Pinterest for this.  I found this project where you take diaper boxes (the boxes I'm using are Huggies Little Snugglers, size 2) and turn them into a cute storage bin for practically nothing at all!  Well, except for the cost of the diapers, but I'm using those anyways and the boxes were getting thrown out.  Now they're getting upcycled and I get to save money by not having to purchase cute storage bins.  It's a win-win, really.

All you need is:
  • Box with the flaps cut off
  • Paint color of your choice
  • Fabric to wrap the box
  • Embellishments (optional)

The paint is really to just mask the colors of the boxes so that the crazy colors don't show through your fabric.  My boxes are in the painted stage because I don't know what kind of fabric I want to wrap mine in and how to decorate with the embellishments but here is an idea of where it's going.  Yes, we are going to be replacing that raggedy looking black bag with another box, however, that box is currently in the garage drying.


The storage bins are going in the shelves of Evan's changing table.  We're just going to ignore the mess that's on the top shelf there.  I keep saying that we're going to reorganize and make it all look pretty and neat, but I keep procrastinating.  It's kind of the story of my life.  This is the first step I'm taking in reorganizing and overcoming my procrastination monster!  We are doing this in such a creative and low cost way that I know it's going to come out so cute.  I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment