Monday, November 26, 2012

thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!  Yes, I realize this is a little late.  However, we went out of town & had stayed with MIL.  She does not believe in the internet.  The only way I had access was through my phone and updating through my phone was a nightmare for me.  We had a good holiday.  My poor baby was so upset during dinner because he was tired and scared of my LOUD ASS family.  Seriously.  Asian people don't know how to be quiet when they're in a group together.  We spent the majority of the night hunkered down in my cousin's room where it was quieter and he was able to get his bearings together before we joined them for the last couple hours before we left.

Overall, it was a good trip.  Despite the trauma that I feel we put Evan through, it was still good.  We got to spend some time with my baby brother, who is currently living in Japan.  We got to see my baby cousin, who is currently living on the other side of the U.S.  Lots of family time.  I have absolutely no idea when the next time would be for us to make a visit to LA again.  Definitely isn't going to be in the next couple months, I can tell you that much!

Last year, I thought I was sick.  Turns out, I was pregnant!  I remember vividly that my cousin had jokingly said to me, "Maybe you're not sick & getting over the flu.  Maybe you're pregnant."  I laughed at her.  On Black Friday, I took a pee test just for funsies to dispel any more pregnancy jokes.  Joke was definitely on me.  I was very, very pregnant.  At the time, I wasn't prepared to have a child.  I freaked out for a while until I went to the doctor and we heard his heartbeat for the first time.  It was absolutely magical.  Black Friday is now always going to now be the day that I found out I was pregnant with Evan.  He's the reason I'm thankful for every day that I have ©

No comments:

Post a Comment