Sunday, February 3, 2013

it's been a while!

I don't even know where the time has gone.  We're already 1/12 of the way done with 2013 & it's apparently been a month since my last post!  So much has happened.

Evan turned 6 months & is now well on his way to turning 7 months.  Well, duh, it's been a month since my last post.  I just can't believe how fast the time has flown by.  He's battling his 3rd cold (ever!) right now & this one isn't as bad as the last one.  I don't like seeing him sick but what can I do?  He's gonna get sick.  He's sitting up pretty well on his own.  He just can't get too distracted otherwise he topples over.

couple of hours old

new year's day 2013

I got a new job!  This is my last week before I head over to the new one on Monday, Feb 11.  It works out because Chinese New Year is Feb 10 & new job starts the next day.  Talk about new beginnings in the new year.  

My husband started working nights the beginning of January.  We thought it was going to be ok but to be honest, it kind of really sucks.  It's been a month of him working nights and things are just a lot different from what we had imagined them to be.  Some things have worked out but overall, it's crap.  There's probably no way to go back to him working days so we're going to have to deal with it.  Doesn't mean I like it.  Just means that I have to suck it up because I can't do a damn thing about it.

I've decided to put a bookcase in a wall.  I'm planning this out with a contractor friend of mine.  He says that it's going to probably come in at less than $1000.  I hope he's right.  Right now, we're still in the brainstorming stage of things.  He's decided that it can be done because there isn't any crucial electrical behind the wall and whatever electrical that is there can be moved.  More updates on that as we get further into it.  I'm very excited :) :) :)

I know there's probably more things but nothing else particularly sticks out in my mind right now.  The only thing that's sticking out in my mind is: how fast time flies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment